Frequently asked questions
Removing Sheets from Watercolor Blocks
Watercolor paper blocks are glued on all four sides so there is no need to stretch the paper prior to painting. Here’s the process we recommend for removing sheets:
1. Wait until paint is completely dry. Flip over the cover and look for the area where there is an unglued opening on the cover spine.
2. Stand the block up with the opening located on the top.
3. Insert an X-acto knife, butter knife or letter opener between the first and second sheets.
4. Then gently run the knife around the edge of the sheet, rotating the block counter clockwise while moving the knife in the opposite direct.
5. Continue splitting the glue until the sheet breaks away. Remove any remaining glue from the top sheet using your fingers.